Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My very first altered item!!

This is my VERY first altered item....can you believe it?!? I really don't know what has taken me so long, because it was so much fun! I have a bunch of these little Target mailboxes, so I will be doing some more practicing!! Not so bad for my first time, but I think I will change things up a little bit on the next one. It was the lids that I had trouble getting the paper perfect on & I think I would maybe do the flag a tad different. I just think these are the cutest little things, not only for Valentines Day, but for everyday for putting a little treat in for somebody. Filling it with marbled chocolate covered coffee beans sounds good to me! I really like this patterned paper by Bo Bunny called Smitten. They have a bunch of different patterns & I got a sheet in every pattern but one that the store didn't have(it was one of my favorites too). It has the prettiest shimmer to it!! I was originally going to use the same papers, but have the patterned heart paper on the body of the mailbox, but then I realized the hearts would be upside down on one side of the mailbox, so I changed it the other way. The inner circle on the flag was actually punched out from the paper then I stamped the sentiment on top of it. It is a little hard to read it in the picture, but it is the "Love Blooms" sentiment from most recent A Muse Valentine release.
Mailbox info: Target $1 spot mailbox; DP by Bo Bunny Smitten Collection; some small solid & patterned color card stock by Memory Box; Stamps by A Muse Artstamps; Copic Markers;All tied ribbon by May Arts except the ribbon the is underneath the tied ribbon on the stem of the flag I purchased at Michael's; Ribbon that is around the lids is JoAnn's Craft essentials ribbon.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Nancy! This is adorable! I love how you altered this! I can't believe it is your first time altering, it looks perfect!

Karrie Baker said...

WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG??? Don't you know that altering "things" is one of the FUNNEST things to do EVER??? Once you start though...it can be very addicting! :)

Love your mailbox! It totally ROCKS! :)

Sharon in NE said...

Nancy this is great! ESPECIALLY filled with marbled chocolate covered coffee beans! MMMM!!! Girl!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Congrats on your first altered item! These mailboxes are a lot of fun! This turned out beautifully! How sweet is that little stamp on the front! Your flag looks wonderful too! Thanks so much for sharing! :D

Rhonda said...

This is SOOOO cute!! I love the papers and stamps you chose to use along with all the other embellishments too!! Just perfect! I'm so nervous to try one of these!! Completely awesome!!

Tracy said...

OOHHHH SOOO CUTE! Great job on this Nancy. Aren't they fun?!? I love the paper. You really pulled everything together nicely. I haven't tried one of these little mailboxes yet, but you have sure inspired me to! {{HUGS}}

Anonymous said...

This is too cute! Isn't it fun? I love the stamps & papers you used! Great job!

Anonymous said...

This is what I call Butter Corn. It totally rocks. I love Missy Balance stamps and I just bought that Bo Bunny paper. You are very talented Nancy. Glad I found out about your blog thru sweet Tracy C.

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that this is your 1sted altered. You did an excellent job! Everything goes really well together...love the different ribbon you used. TFS: Tinla