Monday, January 14, 2008

Love Is In The Air

It is so fun to make cards for Valentine's Day. I thought I would pull out some of my Cat's Pajama's images today and this is what I came up with. This actually turned out to be a very quick card to make & I'm happy with the way it turned out. I wasn't sure when I was coloring the "heart balloon" if I should color in the whole image or just the top. I'm thinking now that it may look better if I colored in the whole thing. I may change that & take another picture. Also, I may not have made it quite so "hilly" if I were to make this card again...I think it may make it a little out of proportion. Thanks for stopping by!!ETA: Below is my second version with the bottom of the "heart balloon" colored in. I think it probably looks better this way.

Card info: white card stock by GP; DP by Memory Box; Images by The Cat's Pajama's & Rubber Soul; Sentiment by A Muse Artstamps; Palette Noir Ink & Versa Magic Ink; Copic Markers & Stickles.

ETA: I've had a couple of questions on how I made the hills on this card. It was so simple, you are not going to believe it!! I took a sheet of patterned cardstock from the Memory Box pack pictured below, & I just cut a piece with scissors along one of the curves to create the hills...and VOILA...super easy!! I'm not sure if this paper pack is still made by Memory Box, but I'm sure you could find it online somewhere. The opposite side of the paper is the same pattern, but blue, perfect for making water!!

8 comments:

Karrie Baker said...

This is my favorite card, I need to make this. Maybe not tonight but definitely on Friday!! :)

Nicole said...

No way! I love, love, love, adore those hills!! So how did you make them? I must know! And it's not out of proportion at all! I like the one with the heart colored in all the way, completes the pink/Valentine's look. Beautiful work!

Sharon in NE said...

I love this too! I want to know too how you made the hills! C'mon Nancy. Share your talents!

Anonymous said...

These are too cute! Thanks for telling us how you made the hills- I was just going to post a question about that! Here I thought you spent hours cutting out paper! Looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

cute cards....

thanks for sharing..michele

Rhonda said...

OH MY!!! Wow, this is SOO cute!! I love it!!! Thanks for posting the 2 pics to see what the balloon looks like colored in all the way too! I love the PP for the fields! It's all so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! This is the coolest card! I love all the details on here and I agree the hills are fabulous!! You rock Nancy!!

Anonymous said...

This card is really wow! Those hills are amazing and not out of proportion at all. The whole card is perfect! TFS: Tinla