Sunday, December 9, 2007

Crabbing At The Coast

We spent the weekend at the Oregon coast to go crabbing. The weather was beautiful, but VERY cold. We were nearly the only crazy people over there. This was the only trip we actually caught "keepers" so that was pretty cool. I think we may have caught a total of 8 "keepers" in all, which doesn't sound like a lot, but we were happy. I have shared a few photos below from our trip.
A Coast Guard ship that is headed out on patrol. Also in the picture is the docks that we crab off of.
This is our first keeper!! (Wait, actually, I think it may have been the second!)Oh no, he's trying to get away!! ;-)
These two photos I just thought were pretty shots of the water & the dock area.

7 comments:

Karrie Baker said...

Beautiful pictures Nancy!! :)

MMMM, crab...sounds so yummy! So jealous right now. :)

Sharon in NE said...

fresh crab from Oregon...oh my...what could be better?

Love your photos.

Rhonda said...

Cool pictures! Good for you getting out and living life to it's fullest!! Who cares about the cold, you're making memories here! Congrats on 8 crabs!!! :D I've never gone crabbing but it sounds fun! I once caught a crab out on Puget Sound, my uncle took me fishing in a dinky boat and a crab hooked onto my line! We put it back cuz we weren't sure if we could keep it or not, but it was fun!! :D

Anonymous said...

These pictures are gorgeous! Wow, if we caught one of those crabs, my sons would want to keep it as a pet! Thanks for sharing these!!

Michelle Clark said...

Tag...you're it. Check my blog for details.

Anonymous said...

Oh jeez. I was just coming to tag you too! I'm running out of people I "know" :) You will just have to play for both of us! :)

Anonymous said...

okay...this is funny.... you've been tagged by THREE people!!! HA! Aren't you miss popularity!