Friday, August 22, 2008

My First TCP Tuesday

This is my first time participating in TCP Tuesday Challenge, and I'm so happy I did. Toni is the hipster hostess this week & she challenged us to use the colors blue & orange in our creations. I think it is so fun to make holiday cards in non-traditional colors, so I chose to use my "Kitty Christmas" set to create this pocket card. I added the sentiment in the bottom corner as an afterthought, but I'm not sure if I like it there or not. I added blue eyelets where I tied the ribbon, but they are hard to see in the photo. I also used a orange eyelet to help pull the card out of the center & I thought it would be fun to place it where the "o" was in word "house" in the sentiment. I think I would use a thinner ribbon next time because I would like to be able to see the eyelets a little better. I colored the image with my Koh-I-Noor pencils. I hope everyone has a nice weekend!! Thanks for stopping by today! :)Card Info: All Stamp by The Cat's Pajamas; Notecard & Ribbon by A Muse Artstamps; Vanilla Cardstock by Stampin' Up; Ink by VersaFine; Martha Stewart Border & Marvy Scallop Oval Punches; Eyelets by Making Memories; Koh-I-Noor Colored Pencils.

8 comments:

Karrie Baker said...

Nancy, this is so GREAT!! I love the non-traditional Christmas colors too! So glad you participated in the challenge this week. YEAH!!!

toners said...

Nancy, I love this! I really like the pocket card AND that you used the colors for a holiday-themed card! Thank you so much for playing along - I hope you'll join us again on future TCP Tuesdays!

BTW, your blog is GREAT!

Catherine said...

Nancy, your card turned out really cute! love it! and my first TCP challenge also =)

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Nancy! I love non-traditional colors for holiday cards too and this looks awesome! I also love the that you used the eyelet as the O! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun card!!! I love this color combo!

Anonymous said...

So well thought out, Nancy! I think the ribbon is not too thick at all...perfect! Love seeing non traditional colours for Christmas! Great job on the challenge:) TFS: Tinla

Tami said...

this is just the sweetest card even Nancy. You rock!

Tracy said...

This came out SOOOOO stinkin' cute Nancy! I was so excited to see that you played. You are the swankiest stamper I know! Love you girl!
Tracy