Thursday, April 24, 2008

April Bumper Card

I think it's safe to post my April Bumper card since I mailed it early last week. I hope the recipient has received it by now. This is a Jennie inspired card. I have a hang up making cards with the A Muse Gerber Daisy stamp, I don't know what it is. Jennie is "queen" of A Muse "Gerber Daisy" cards so she was very inspirational in the making of this card. Thanks Jennie! I LOVE Gerber Daisies IRL, I just think they are HAPPY flowers and you really start seeing them show up in nurseries this time of year, around where I live at least. I thought this would make a sweet spring card. I have always really enjoyed the blue & red color combo & it was fun getting to play with my new A Muse grosgrain stitched ribbon (THANKS Tracy!!). The blue of this ribbon matches perfectly with the blue tin plate notes from A Muse. It's funny since I usually have trouble getting my glitter to show up in photos, this has almost too much of a glare on it so it's almost showing too much sparkle in the photo. I've included a close up of the "daisy" which doesn't seem to show quite as much of a glare. Still trying to master the "getting a good photo" thing. Wishing all of you a happy spring day as well & a happy weekend. Card Info: Blue Tin Plate, Red Kitchen Notes (cut down), image, sentiment & ribbon by A Muse Artstamps; White Card Stock by GP; Stickles; Spica Glitter Pen; Copic Markers; Ink by Palette & Versa Fine; Provo Craft Scallop Scissors. TFL :)

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Hey Girl!
Love this card. BTW, there's no such thing as too much sparkle! LOL! I also like the red & blue. I don't think I've used that color combo before. I'll have to try it. Maybe tomorrow night!
Have a wonderful day!!

Rhonda said...

Gorgeous!! Completely beautiful! I love the combo of colors and papers plus that sparkly Daisy!!! Too much sparkle in the pic??? Not possible!! It's SOOO pretty!! TFS!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Nancy! This is GORGEOUS!! I love the colors, I love the sparkle, I love the layout and of course, I love the daisy!! :) Thanks so much for mentioning me!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is gorgeous! I must agree with the others...ya can never have too much sparkle...LOL! Beautifully done Nancy! :D