Monday, May 25, 2009

My First Felted Cupcake

Hi there!! I have discovered a new crafting addiction....FELTING!! It all started last year when I discovered Betz White's creations on-line. I went to my local library & checked out her first book, Warm Fuzzies, to see if this would be something fun to try. I was hooked! I ended up purchasing her book & started collecting wool sweaters to re-purpose. I didn't really know how I would like the "hunting & collecting" part of it, but it is fun all in itself. I already have collected a pretty big stash. I love washing up the sweaters & seeing how they "felt" after washing. They really take on a softer & fuzzy appearance. I hope you don't mind me sharing my creations with you along the way. This is my first cupcake pincushion (I think they are meant more for decorative purposes) & will be making several more. This was my trial & error one. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for stopping by today! :)

Here is a different view (you can click to see larger) of the cupcake so you can see the swirls a little better. I need to get some pretty pins to use for sprinkles. I used some tiny heart ones here, I may add some glitter to them for a little sparkle.



Supplies Used: Felted Wool Sweaters; Felted Ball for Cherry (on-line source); Leaf pins (Jo Anns); Velvet Ric Rac Ribbon (May Arts?); Heart Pins (Heidi Grace); Polka Dot paper in background (A Muse Artstamps).

4 comments:

Karrie Baker said...

This is the cutest thing EVER!! You amaze me!

Jennie M said...

Oh my goodness!! This is absolutely adorable!! You have totally inspired me Nancy!! :) I've got to try making one of these cuties!!

jenstamps said...

This came out so cute!!! I have been seeing these around online and have been wanting to give it a try but wool sweaters are hard to come by in Florida. LOL

Tracy said...

This came out SOOOOOOOO cute Nancy! I'm in awe of anyone doing anything like this. Cause God knows I can barely sew a button on! LOVE IT!!!