Sunday, July 20, 2008

My First Attempt At Inchies

This is my first attempt at playing around with "inchies". I need to practice a bit more, I kind of feel like I butchered this card, but I still had fun at my first attempt. I think I would use a 1" square punch to cut my squares out next time instead of using my paper trimmer. The Hero Arts Club Blog (love this blog) had a week feature on inchies a several weeks ago, & so I wanted to try a card using inchies. If you haven't visited the Hero Arts blog, you must check it out. They have so many tutorials, videos, & ideas. The set I used for this card is called "Cheery Bird" from Hero Arts. It is only available at Archivers stores, which I have none in my state, but I was lucky enough to be able to purchase the set online. I colored the birds with my Koh-I-Noor pencils & added a touch of glitter with Stickles & Spica Glitter Pens. I posted a close up so you could see the sparkle a little better. I'm sorry to be such a terrible blogger. I wish I was better at posting. I appreciate anyone who still stops by to take a look around. I hope everyone is having a fun summer. Have a great day!!


6 comments:

Karrie Baker said...

What are y ou talking about? This card is TOTALLY cute! Oh my goodness. If you need to send it to someone my mailbox is screaming...MEEEEEE!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

This is SO cute!! I have never seen a card made with inchies, what fun! Thanks for the inspiration girl!! :)

Tracy said...

What? U R kidding right? This card screams perfection. I simply love it. You must make me one now with a kitty theme. LOL!!! I love you girl, no getting rid of this faithful reader. =)

Anonymous said...

I have no idea why you would not be anything but HAPPY with this card! It is adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I love this card! Look what I come back to...such a treat for the eyes. Great job on the inchies!!! Hope you are having a lovely summer! TFS: Tinla

Rhonda said...

This is SOOO sweet!! I love how cheery and cute this is!! Gorgeous coloring, fun layout, glamorous glitter, cute little button, adorable stamp set, this card is just fabulous!!

You are so not a bad blogger. I know how you feel but, we do unfortunately have lives outside our blog!! :D LOL!! It's good to see your creations no matter how long it's been between posts!! :D