Thursday, November 13, 2008

Festive Owls

I have been having fun playing with my new "Owl Christmas" set from Hero Arts. There are so many fun owl images in this set. I'm sure I will be sharing some more cards using that set. I had a REALLY hard time getting a decent photo. I was able a couple outside today in a little bit of sunlight (sorry for the shadows), but some of the up close pictures were taken indoors so they are not as bright. This was my first version (in red). I colored the owl with my Koh-i-noor pencils & his sweater is colored with "chalk" pencils which I need A LOT more practice with. I think the "chalk" pencils probably work better if you have a more solid space to color in. I also used my Spica glitter pens & A Muse twinkle stickers to add some sparkle. I tried to get a close up of the sparkle below (it REALLY sparkle IRL), but it still doesn't show up very well, but you get the idea. Thanks for visiting today & I hope you have a FABULOUS weekend!!


I covered the snowflake in the Impress Sparkle Glitter & placed an A Muse Twinkle Sticker in the center. If you are looking for a similar glitter, I think the Martha Stewart "Snow" glitter at Michael's is similar.
I thought the red version turned out pretty cute, so I made a blue version below. I did not use Twinkle stickers on this version & I used a combination of Copics & Koh-I-Noor pencils to color this one. I also used my Spica glitter pens as well.



Another close-up of the sparkle below, but again, it still doesn't show very well in the photo.


7 comments:

Tracy said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! This came out fantastic!!!! All of the details are just flawless. Just like you girl! Love it. I'm off to link it to my blog now.

Thanks for playing this week.

HUGS,
tracy

jenstamps said...

What an adorable set! Love all the detail you added!!! Funny how different the two colors look, the red is so holiday and the blue so wintery. Both beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Really really cute!! Love your colouring and those little sparkly snowflakes ar gorgeous...adds a nice touch to the card:) TFS: Tinla

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, these cards are adorable!! I love everything about them! :)

Rhonda said...

Aww, these are too cute! I love the look on the Kraft paper!!

Anonymous said...

Hello-
I owe you a big Thank YOU and a card. I am so sorry but I haven't had a laptop for over 5 weeks. I love the card you mailed me. I nearly fainted when I opened it. Your work is breathtaking sweet little Nancy girl.

I will write soon. I'm on someone elses computer. big hugs you sweet girl. tami

sideoats + scribbles said...

So super duper cute!!!! :)