Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A card & a little fur.......

.......yes, that's a cat in the background. She was very curious about my picture taking.I was having a heck of a time getting a good shot of this card, so I finally gave up & this is what I ended up with. Wow....where does the time go? I feel like the last couple of weeks has just been a blur. Anybody else feeling that way? I've been wanting to try and participate in Tracy's sketch challenges every week since that is about all that I can seem to keep up with on my blog, LOL, and somehow last week I missed it, so I wanted to make sure to participate this week. I just love these little chicks from Memory Box. I think they are long retired, but I still think they are adorable. I colored the image with my Koh-i-noor pencils & added a pale shadow around the image (also with my pencils although not visible in the photo). I paper pieced the witch hat, glittered it up in some black glitter & popped it out with some dimensionals, but it is also very hard to see in this photo. I am not happy with the placement of the sentiment, but I wasn't about to rip the whole thing apart. I think I will take the advice of using the stamp positioner to move the sentiment around next time to decide where I like it. Thanks for stopping by today. I hope everyone is having a fabulous September so far!!



Card Info: Note Card & Image by Memory Box; Sentiment by Savvy; DP by MME; Cardstock by DCWV & Stampin' Up; Marvy Punches; Provo Scallop Scissors; Ink is Memento; Koh-i-noor pencils; Art Institute Glitter; Ribbon from Michael's.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...I am lol on your cat wanting to be in the picture!!! So cute! And the card is, too! Love your DP and colouring....very well done! I love doing Tracy's challenges, too...it also helps me keep on stamping:). I love those MB Hallowe'en chicks...did I miss out on them that they are retired?!!! Just love your eye candy, Nancy! Take care and TFS! Tinla

Karrie Baker said...

cute card Nancy!! Love that little Peep!! :)

Sharon in NE said...

Great job on the card! The coloring and paper is perfect! But of course, this is not to be outdone by the sweet little whiskers sticking out in the background. ;)

Tracy said...

Soooo cute Nancy! I have *MISSED* you something aweful girl. I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to call or email you. I've been soooo busy with work. I love this card. The witch hat just tops this little guy. I'm so glad you had a chance to play this week!
{{HUGS}}

Anonymous said...

How cute is that little chick!!! Great card!

Anonymous said...

Super cute card Nancy! I love that little chick and your colors are just perfect! So sweet!! :)