Friday, June 27, 2008

Starbucks, Meet A Muse

Happy Friday!! I have a fun day planned of lunch and shopping with one of my gal pals, I just wish she stamped :). It is supposed to be VERY HOT here this weekend, mid to high 90's. That is a little too hot for my taste. I'm sharing a card today I made for one of the VERY special ladies over at the A Muse group. I had a lot of fun making this card for Jennie for her birthday. She is a big fan of coffee, as am I, & I've been spinning the idea around in my head of making a card resembling a "to go" coffee cup, & this is what I came up with. Hopefully is some what resembles that to you as well. Before I was finished with the card, I asked DH if he could tell what it was and he said "popcorn?". I was thinking, "great", "my coffee cup looks like a tub of popcorn???". Anyhow, I went with it anyway, and hopefully Jennie knew what it was when she opened her card :) I thought I could use the A Muse "Mermaid" image as an A Muse version of the "Starbucks" logo. I wanted to get all of her hair (mermaid) & after I punched her out, I noticed she then has one elongated arm, but just decided to go with it anyway. The brown sleeve is an actual sleeve I specifically grabbed to use for this card. The note card, images, sentiments, and twinkle stickers are all by A Muse Artstamps. I colored the mermaid with my Copics & Spica Glitter pens, but the sparkle doesn't show in the photo. I hope you have a pleasant Friday & a great weekend!! Thanks for stopping by ;)



5 comments:

Tracy said...

Yeh you're back!!! I've missed you girl. I LOVE this card. SOOO creative. Jeannie will love it too. {{HUGS}}

Jen D said...

omg this is amazing! I loved it, and knew exactly what it was!!! awesome job!

Anonymous said...

What a clever idea!!! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Nancy! This is seriously one of the coolest cards I have ever seen!! I carried it around with me after I got it, I couldn't put it down!! Thank you SO much for making it for me, I absolutely LOVE it!! You are an amazing stamper and such an inspiration to me! Thank you!! Hugs!!

Rhonda said...

Hey Nancy!!! Long time no chat!!! I miss you!! I LOVE this card!!! So awesome and creative!! I never woulda thought to turn a card into a TO GO CUP and use a real coffee sleeve!!! You Rock!! So fun!! I love how you created the look of a lid and the logo is perfect!!! I would say, I'm sure Jennie loved it, but I see that she did!! :D Well done and so perfect!!

Hugs and blessings to you!!!